2009-07-09

Mountainfest

Well it's that time of year again when Merritt's Mountain Music Fest rolls around. It runs from July 9th to 12th.
Too expensive for us so hubby (who is doing a lot better a month after the 5 day nosebleed ) and I opted to walk around downtown Merritt and check out the vendors instead. There was a great stall selling hats and purses made with real cow hide. The lady told me she was out of Kelowna and makes the stuff herself but I just checked the address and it's American...oh well- we're so behind the times here western fashion-wise! That's Just Bull has great stuff regardless.
A pleasant surprise was Ridley Bent doing a free mini concert downtown- I took a nice picture while he was singing Heartland Heartbreak.


Bigger View at DA
Later on I went to Kamloops to find packaging and photo mats for my art work and got a pretty good deal on that...one of my panoramics is on the back cover of the official Merritt Tourist guide; this one:


Bigger View at DA
A portion of that image was also used for a local commerce publication.
I just finished a Star Trek portrait; Koval. I obviously struggle with colour but thought I would share anyway:


Bigger View at DA
Over at the Official Star Trek site you can figure out who all these alien characters are- lol.
The new movie was awesome by the way in case I never mentioned it before. :)

No comments: